05-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
If BMW builds a supercar I think it will neither be M1, because it makes no sense the fastest M would have the smallest number. If the M1 Original was called so, it is because it was the first ///M car, not a BMW car but a BMW Motorsport car, and how would they call it? M for motorsport and 1 because the first. Nor would it be M8, because M8 is an M version of the BMW 8 Series, which in fact is a BMW 7 Series Coupé, just like the BMW 6 Series is a BMW 5 Series Coupé, and so should there be a BMW 4 Series, a Coupé version af the BMW 3 Series and a BMW 2 Series, a Coupé version of the BMW 1 Series. I think if ther will reall be a BMW supercar, it would be called Z9, Z10, M9 or M10. IMO M10 sounds the best, just like the first M1 but with a Zero. Ten times better?

If the BMW 1 Series Coupé by M will be called M1, it is very good, because in case the next BMW 1 Series Coupé will be called BMW 2 Series, and so M2 for the M version, there is anyway hope for an M version of the 1 Series Hatch, that could directley rival the RS3, Golf R, Scirocco R and maybe the coming Porsche "Hatchback", based on VW Golf.

PS: I would like the BMW supercar to be called so:

BMW ///M Carbon
The Z8, the 850 etc were never based on the 7 series.
Appreciate 0