View Single Post
      07-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #103
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
I might add, the quad exhaust points to something a touch "different". I HIGHLY doubt M would stick a quad exhaust on the car for purely cosmetic reasons. If it actually is a single exhaust split into two tail pipes, I'd facepalm pretty hard. Given all Scott has said, adding 30lbs just for that "signature M look" seems unlikely.

IMHO, quad exhaust points to a different turbo configuration, with each turbo having it's own exhaust.

This could be. I mean BMW would really embarass themselves if this car had the same setup as the iS cars. BIG TIME. I would have to step back from the keyboard for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianSensation View Post
Just the simple fact that they show this car alongside an E30 M3 says a lot about what this new 1 M Coupe really is. Before all the M1 talk ever came up, I remember reading about a BMW rep who said the next M3 would bring back memories of the E30. I think he was really talking about this car.

I wish they had a power bulge though, I liked that in the renderings.

Not everything is here. Slapping a different hood on is almost zero work. M cars dont have chrome line trim but this has it. Noticing a carbon fiber roof is damn near impossible on this color.