View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #70
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
I'm actually running 7" risers and the AOA is pretty modest, I'm starting to think I just need to dial in my shocks. I mean, seat time cures all issues so I'll probably go the seat time and shock tuning route and throw the wing back on once I feel the car is more dialed in
Yeah for sure. My car felt all sorts of screwed up when I tried to run high front rebound.

The assumption I now operate under is that the rear requires significantly more rebound due to the stiffer rear springs. While motion ratio does dictate that the springs aren't effective at leveraging the weight of the chassis, the rear springs still have enourmously more return force for when weight shifts forward. Maybe this is wrong but the car 100% feels better with more rear rebound lol

EDIT: I think the issue is more that the spring and rear shock have different motion rations since it's not a coilover setup. That might explain why you need additional rebound in the rear even when you keep the springs at an even wheel rate like I do...

Where is that chart from? I disagree with a few of the suggestions... Like corner entry oversteer.. how would increasing front rebound and reducing rear rebound possibly help that scenario? All logic points to increasing front COMPRESSION and increasing rear rebound not reducing it... This would keep more weight over the rear wheels on entry and reduce the oversteer. I would think mid-corner/exit oversteer would warranty less front rebound (in order to allow weight o transfer rearward on power). The internet is a blessing and a curse when it comes to information...

Last edited by bbnks2; 12-12-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0