View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #29
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
So just wondering if others have changed their DCT fluid? Reading through a few threads it sounds like when a few people have changed theirs the filters have looked clean & fluid not dirty.

I'm usually of the opinion that no fluid is "lifetime" but I'm also not a fan of doing maintenance before it's needed.
Here is the text portion of my Blackstone report when I changed the DCT fluid and filters (remember there are two) at 93K.

"We would agree with you that a lifetime oil may not exist -- except for maybe if the oil just sits and doesn't experience much/any use. We've tested a few dozen samples from similar BMW dual clutch transmissions, and the average oil change interval is about 52,000 miles. You ran this fluid much longer than that, with hard track use, yet the wear metals are all below average levels. If that's not a good sign of healthy wear, we don't know what is. No coolant, water, or insolubles were found in this sample and the
viscosity was correct. Perfect report!"

And this is after 2 years of tracking the car (about 10 track days). If yours is a DD, I think 100K is a reasonable milestone to change it, but you could probably push it to 150K given what I've read and what is in my own report.

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 4
dtla1827.50
houtan707.00
lab_rat394.50