Thread: DCT problems
View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
kgaler
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Hard to imagine the lag being caused by the transmission. If it's in gear, any input will cause an output. It must be the engine. My guess it's the traction control killing the power to prevent the wheels from slipping. Try turning it off and see if it goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
ParkNuts, I agree there is a lag from a slow roll, but I have learned to deal with it, because I truly believe that it is how they had to design the transmission software to save people from burning out the clutches too early and/or spinning the wheels after every stop sign. I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this, but being an engineer, I can understand what is going on and why. Yes, it is very annoying, especially after driving a brand new Impala that was nice and smooth, but even with the small lag after stop signs and the 'strong/touchy' brakes, I wouldn't trade the 135i for any other car in this price range.