02-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

For the first time in a BMW Group electric vehicle the BMW ActiveE features an ‘intermediate position’ for the accelerator pedal that results in the car’s own kinetic energy being used to move forward, without consuming energy from the batteries. In essence it is a ‘gliding’ mode. With previous electric vehicles when the accelerator lifts the car automatically starts to brake. To further increase the range of the BMW ActiveE ECO PRO Mode can be selected whereby the drive configuration and comfort functions are modified to use less energy and facilitate a more efficient driving style. In ECO PRO mode the heating and air conditioning system are programmed to use less energy and the accelerator demands less power with the same travel.

The BMW ActiveE is not dependent on a specific energy source and so can be charged using 32-ampere wallbox in five hours, or overnight from a conventional domestic socket. This allows greater flexibility allowing the car to be charged wherever there is an electricity supply.
These sound very awesome.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0