08-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #24
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
The DSC module actually has a function that increases brake pressure over time based on the estimated brake pad life (drukmodel_ha or something like that). By removing the sensor you can assume this function no longer works and you may experience a bit more pedal travel than "normal" when the pads start to wear down (which is normal lol).

I have both my sensors cut off and the wires tied together so I can permanently delete the annoying service notifications (car permanently thinks the pads are new).
Is there a document which details this?

It does seem true because all the cars that come in for brakes at work have wickedly sharp pedal response. Fit new pads, reset CBS and even after bedding them in (pads only or pads and discs) the response is very much muted compared to before. Next time i get one i will fit a new sensor and reset it and go for a drive to test it. I remember i fitted new pads and discs to my car and didn't reset the CBS - but i dont recall noticing anything unusual.

When i fiddled with the druckmodell parameters in coding, what i noticed was the traction control was more gentle. I set everything to M3 parameters and the traction control is pretty much useless. The idiot light blinks but the car still spins the tyres. Im back to stock coding now.

I tied my sensors aside too. But if grinding down the sensors to simulate first trip stage of the sensor (half worn pads) will yield sharper brakes then i might explore that when i have some more time to tinker
Appreciate 0