View Single Post
      01-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #25
IenaPliskin
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i DCT

Hello everyone,I have an 2010 335i DCT Coupe and i have the same problem and chrisk03 sy2767.Every morning when i go to warm up my car theres a ticking noise coming from underneath the hood, it usually goes away after 10-15 minutes..
I posted a video on youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by flzrider View Post
I think you and I may have the same noise.

I just uploaded a video I took the other night here:

Description: Video taken of my 1M's N54 motor after a 30 minute drive (fully warmed up, A/C off entire drive). I heard the noise as I pulled into the driveway, popped the hood, and pulled my phone out. The noise I am trying to track down is the one that disappears at the 5 second mark. This noise is much louder than the typical ticking noise of a direct injection motor. Right as the noise goes away the engine sounds like it is switching to/from something, similar to an A/C compressor switching on/off (again, A/C was off during this video).

In your 335 video, it appears that the sound goes away at the 38 second mark, correct? Are you just guessing that the noise is coming from the valve train? If so, what makes you think that?

Dackel, check out the video I just uploaded. I think there is a distinction between the usual direct injection noise and this particular noise. Let me know what you think.
Appreciate 0