12-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #10
Dushkara
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 128i ,'08 135i(RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
I've made posts on several threads about Blacklines where people were concerned about the LED's not working.
It's a really simple solution, on all pre lci models they came with an extra wire to function the tail lights, in which is the 3 LED bars they had. On the LCI models equipped with halogens this was not the case, we infact are missing that wire. So I had Stu@bmr help me out with this one.. He jumped the wire from the 2nd socket into the 3rd socket that is normally supposed to function the LED's, with that done, the wire that is jumped acts as a day time running light AND a brake light. The outter section of the tail lights (which is the outter brake light) will no longer function since the wire has been jumped to the third socket, that wire is used to function the running lights and brake lights.
Now with the wire in the 3rd socket, your LED's will now work as usual, they WILL light up and they also work as running lights now, like any other xenon LCI tail lamp. The LED will also light up BRIGHTER when you brake. The only problem with this (not really a problem to worry about), is that the outter brake light bulbs do not function anymore, but that's been replaced by the LED bar, which now acts as a running light and a brake light. If you're really frustrated about it, you can simply get another wire and link it up with the license plate lights and run the wire up to the tail light socket. I don't think it's necessary to go into that much trouble since we do also have a center brake light. It WILL NOT throw any errors on the dash, hence why it's so perfect.
If anyone is confused I'll post up some pictures about what I mean when the outter brake light doesn;t function anymore, I promise it's really no problem and I'm sure you would all rather have the LED functioning instead
Thanks ViciousGook! I will try that but first i have to order the lights. I dont think halogens comes with Led bars.
Appreciate 0