04-19-2019, 10:45 PM   #17
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
E30 Racer, when you mentioned the 19 GLC with dipstick, I ran outside because I just bought one myself and sure enough there it is! I imagine it's there because a dipstick can't go bad.
I know we're off topic, but I got the standard version and am very surprised as to how quick the car is. Really pleasantly surprised. Very nice quality and what a great DD.
I test drove both AMG models and the one I could afford (GLC 43?) sounded disgraceful and really wasn't that much faster. Had I had the cash, I might have taken the dive on the 500 HP version (GLC 63?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
I know we're off topic, but I got the standard version and am very surprised as to how quick the car is. Really pleasantly surprised. Very nice quality and what a great DD.
We had the same impression, and have been very pleased with it. That said, with the stock AMG line wheels (19s with 235s), the handling was unremarkable. Adding some rear spacers helped immensely. Looks better too. 20mm work (we're using H&R), but 15mm probably fit the stock rear flares better. Switching to the GLC43 rear flares allows up to 25mm spacers. If you have a chance, give them a try. It won't make the thing into an autoxer, but the handling is now quite good for what it is.
Appreciate 0