United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
As others have said, 740 of them in the US is pretty rare. To put that into perspective, that's about how many Lamborghinis were sold in the US in 2014. Granted, Lamborghini had two models with a few variations, but still.

Still, a BMW exec coming out and saying they limited the car to maintain value and artificially create rarity doesn't sit well with me.
I know he said it, but he may have been blowing smoke. They weren't sure the car would sell well, which is why they hadn't greenlighted the product years earlier. Thanks to the secret project pyrat effort, we got the car. Production started as e82 series production was wrapping up and I believe they were surprised by the demand, and kept making them well beyond the original plan, until the e82 line had to be shutdown and retooled for a new model.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0