View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

These intercoolers with 2.5" connectors have been pushed to 600+hp on the Vishnu cars FWIW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
no problem! I agree and really like the way it looks.

I am no expert, but my logic tells me 3 inch piping wouldn’t make a difference unless you upped all of the piping to 3 inches. The pipe from the turbo is not 3 inches, so that’s one bottle neck, and from what I have seen, the 3 inch charge pipes shrink down to factory diameter to mate up with the factory piping, so that’s another bottleneck.

I have an ER charge pipe that increase to three inches at the throttle body. But, I didn’t get the ER charge pipe thinking it would increase flow. I got it because I believe the throttle body diameter is 3 inch and I like the idea of a smooth path for the air going into the motor.

Finally, three inch piping may be hard to route, especially on the cold side because space is limited.

Again, I’m no expert, but just explaining my logic and to me, I don’t think you are missing out on anything with the piping size used by this intercooler.

No problem!

Nice, that is a killer deal. Hopefully there are enough people that will be able to take advantage of the group buy pricing.
Appreciate 0