View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Fronts rubbing - need advice

I've got a 2011 128i that I've fitted 245/40R17 Hankook RS-4s to. I currently have 7.5mm spacers in front with about 4mm of space to the struts. I have M3 front arms and Dinan camber plates, everything pushed as far inward as possible. I did have a performance shop do an alignment but I do not know the camber specs. Both front tires rub over large bumps. I've got a set of 5mm spacers coming but clearly that's as far as I can go inward with the tires, as I'll only have 1.5mm to the struts.

I do think I will need to roll the fenders or trim the bumper tabs, but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done. It seems to be only the extreme outer shoulders that are touching anything. My initial thought was the let the tires rub and they will wear away whatever plastic pieces they're hitting until they stop hitting them. I am not sure if this will cause me problems though. I was not able to find any photos of the pieces that need to be trimmed on the bumper/fender connection. If someone has that, it would be excellent if you could share.

As far as the fenders themselves, I'm considering heating them and pinching them with my hands to bend them inward at the very front portion, rather than buying a roller. Has anyone done this? Is a roller necessary for the fronts?
Appreciate 0