View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #13
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
T-stat value is 205F with a variable 20 degree swing based on emissions and cooling targets directed by the DME. If coolant temps are under 225 or so, you're totally fine. The DME does weird things, especially in traffic/low speed driving.
Actual system coolant temps are in the 110-130 range when this happens...the indicated temp goes up rapidly to 226F simultaneously with the codes coming in. Indicated temp instantly goes back to a realistic value when you reset the codes. The only way the 226F could be true is if it was a localized pocket of hot water somehow, that clears when the thermostat goes closed. If the sensor is in the bypass line instead of the main flowstream, this could be true, I suppose, and all of this really is due to a sticking thermostat. But mKilgores experience would indicate that not to be the case(he reported he saw 400F indicated temps!?!)

BTW, I appreciate you weighing in...I know you have moved on from the 135 but your knowledge on the platform is acknowledged. Stoptechs and splitter you sold me are still going strong! Keep poking holes in my ideas...helps me to clarify/correct my thoughts process.

Last edited by AndyW; 11-25-2020 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Typing on my phone, lol
Appreciate 0