bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillstrand View Post
*UPDATE*

So i called Crevier and spoke to SA named Gary and he informed me my car is in fact still under factory warranty and the warranty will cover my dead battery. I took my car to Crevier that same day. Gary informs me it'll be done in a day and offered me a loaner vehicle while i wait.

So the next day, Thursday, I hear no word from Gary. Yesterday, Gary calls me and tells me "you're battery is in fact dead and will need to be replaced however, i cannot replace the battery under warranty because it's stating the key was in the ignition for over an hour which drained the battery. I can replace the battery for you for $600 including labor".
Wow, that must be the standard call from the BMW Service playbook because that's pretty much the same bullshit line I got from the service advisor at South Bay BMW. They stuck me with a $636.73 bill for the battery plus labor.

You need to do this: Contact KNBC-4's I-Team and give them the entire story... I did this back in May and after they did some investigating, I got a call from BMWNA a month later offering to refund all of my money.

The person you need to contact is Amy Corral: Amy.Corral@nbcuni.com... When you tell her your story she should realize that it's exactly the same problem I had with my local BMW stealership.