View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #31
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Up until about a year ago, a handful of friends of mine always met at my house after work on Mondays around 5:00 p.m. for "Monday Decompression." The rules were: alcohol was to continue flowing until we were "comfy" (we're all adults and know our limits - no one was ever allowed to leave/drive until they were comfortable doing so) and no cell phones. We all bitched about our day, bosses, general bullshit and gave each other complete hell until around 7:00. This was a tradition that lasted for years. We all have become very busy with relationships, wives, husbands, the gym and yoga since then, so we rarely meet up anymore.

The big thing though was no cell phones. We were adamant about it.

We are all victims to society and the offerings of technology. I agree with every post made in this thread so far, but with everything; there are those that use the technology for it's intended use and those that become addicted and over-use. Being mindful of your usage and to those around you that are so inundated with it is key. Parents need to be parents and monitor usage for their kids. The problem is the parents who are so addicted that their phone supersedes their role as a parent.
Appreciate 4