View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
135iNathan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Unless you have a one off concept, or unless there's something weird going on (transmission swap?) I don't think you have a DCT 2008 135i. It's probably the SMG trans with the paddle shifters, but not a DCT. I don't think that really matters here since it's most likely the engine making that noise and not the transmission.

Anyways, it kinda sounds like a small air leak somewhere. Check your inlet to turbo connections. If it does it while in neutral, have someone accelerate and search around with your ears to see if you can pinpoint.

My first thought was rear main or the front crank seal, but I'm not too sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Unless you have a one off concept, or unless there's something weird going on (transmission swap?) I don't think you have a DCT 2008 135i. It's probably the SMG trans with the paddle shifters, but not a DCT. I don't think that really matters here since it's most likely the engine making that noise and not the transmission.

Anyways, it kinda sounds like a small air leak somewhere. Check your inlet to turbo connections. If it does it while in neutral, have someone accelerate and search around with your ears to see if you can pinpoint.

My first thought was rear main or the front crank seal, but I'm not too sure.
Yeah my bad it's a smg, and it doesn't do it in neutral only in drive, going to try to see if the rear inlets disconnected today
Appreciate 0