joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
From left to right, joao.toscano CruzM3 Joao's wife, Nancy, Oliver, Richard and his wife Alison, Alexander_Sebastian and his Dad.

I'm not in this photo and neither is AlexM as we joined the tour the day after.
Perfect description mjn77! Thanks for that!

Regarding some of your questions and correct me if i'm wrong Malcolm aka mjn77

I knew Alexander_Sebastian (not his dad!), Oliver, Alex Martin and Antonio aka CruzM3 in person. We've been doing some events over the last years. Most of them in Netherland and Germany. Here's one post that shows a bit of us also at Welt - here's the link.

Malcolm, Richard and Alison (Richard's wife) we just been in touch through the social networks. Actually we've all meet from the social side of the things. Namely because of the car club i've started 4 years ago. That community grow globally and it's currently with over 17.2k members. I've the honour to meet so many great people and fantastic cars since that first day that it became from a hobby to something that it's truly part of my life. Bimmerpost has been since the day one i registered a fantastic reference for anything that comes to bimmers and the eternal Dackelone was my first source of inspiration for the tours towards the mountains and some of the best roads of the world. Gather a reasonable number of people and cars and move forward with the right planning and enjoy this moments at its best.

So we started planning the Alps tour from a closed chat. With help of all involved and guidance of MyRoute App and doing a draw over the map about what could we achieve for a trip of 7-9 days. In between the 200-300 kms per day. It's tricky because this amount on roads like mountains can take several hours more than on regular roads and we never know unexpected blocks, issues with the cars, or closed roads, etc. So we adjusted always ourselves in a a way that in case of one impediment we could have alternatives. In the end that was what happened and we just adjust accordingly to the availability of the roads and of everyone/everything. Not to mention the weather factor hoe much counts and can impact our choices/routes. In the end we manage quite well. Lovely experiences! Some a bit scary In general 5-6h per day of driving (for sure!) and with the mileage calculated accordingly.

The time we planned the tour was great! In regards of low traffic and most of the passes fully open. At least the ones we planned. In the end i guess we cover 13 or 14 passes and that was great! Only Furka was closed the last segment if i'm not wrong. But seriously! It was heaven every single moment! I love it badly and even my wife (the only co-driver as well Richard's wife Alison) did not make issues as I predicted! Well she complained but she got used! I think she liked actually but i do know if i would be alone in the car somehow my drive style would be slightly different! The guys also were enthusiastic and that is perhaps what distinguishes driving alone and within a group!

Not sure if this answer your questions! I keep thinking that you will be a perfect driver to join us in one of our trips!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0