View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #15
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

Interesting topic. And it got me thinking, and oddly, I can’t seem to come up with a standout feature that I love. This made me realize that it’s the combination of so many things which make this little thing work so beautifully. Each of the controls that go into actually controlling the car are so well judged and work so well together that it has to be just described as ‘the driving interface’. I’m funny like that. The M2’s clutch had a weird step to the release, the 911 had a plastic to plastic stop at the end of clutch depression which made a ‘click’ if I didn’t depress it with care, so too did the Cayman. The F-Type I tested felt floaty and underdamped, the M3’s steering felt to light and disconnected. All small and odd things I know but there nonetheless. But putting aside the silly way the 1M could be punted down the road, it has to be the balance of controls for me first.

Second? Well it’s how it can punted down a road and seem rather ludicrous and unruly. It’s just a cut cat and I love that about it.

Things I’m not so fond of?

I believe all Aus cars came with elec seats and they’re just too high. Inch and a half down and I’d be in heaven.

And second........hmm...... the window controls are too far back and don’t fall to the hand in my driving position. That’s how hard it is for me to find a dislike on the 1M.
Appreciate 1