Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
Dave you seem to have very good luck with adapted glass on your Sony. I have read other people saying they can't get it to work well with the exact same gear you have. Nice Moon!

Unfortunately it looks like overcast here for tonight's super moon.
I'm using the Metabones EF-to-E T-adapter MkV, with the July 2017 Metabones firmware update. All of that is critical. It's imperative to pre-focus and every once in a while, I'll need to give manual focus a twist, if it gets too far out of focus. With those caveats, it beats the pants off any Sony 500/f4. ;-)

You lose tons of modes that are available with Sony G Master lens, but, when you compare it to Canon AF, it's not so bad. With the TCs, the 1D X will beat it soundly, but it's almost there with the 5D4, with way more resolution and dynamic range and more fps, when on the a7RIII.

I was impatient with the super moon and took shots too low on the horizon. Atmosphere made them too soft to post. Many people don't realize how important it is to get the moon up around 45-degrees to get minimal atmospheric interference.