View Single Post
      04-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #10
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Update:

Have a rather large update here, been a real busy week.
Summer has now kind of arrived so the summer tires went back on. This time around though I put on my BMS Spacers with a 12mm in the front and a 15mm in the rear

Before

After

That's just the front but rear had similar results. I have all of the DIY Install steps aswell if anyone wants to see those.

Next up was a rather large DIY in comparison. I bought a 3 Stage IM from another forum member mad1stgen , got some new seals, and set up a new hard drive to run INPA and all accompanying software to be able to tune it.

The install went rather smoothly took a little bit as some connectors were a pain in the ass, but overall on first start up went flawlessly. I think i made 1 or 2 mistakes though while re-routing the power steering reservoir I think the lines are just slightly in the wrong spot so no biggy. The second issue I made was I think i put a cable in a holder a little to early as now the box that attaches to the cowl has to much tension and is about 1 mm to short from connecting back in its holder.

Mid Install

Lastly,
It was tuning time. This was a major deciding factor in doing the 3-Stage IM, was that the tune for it was free (besides a $30 cable). I went with the Bimmerlabs tune/flash that converts you over to a base 130i tune, which does incorporate the DISA valves. I highly recommend Bimmerlabs as its free, they had great support to answer my few questions, and it went over flawlessly.

Also shout out to desertman123 , for his build thread informing me of bimmerlabs and helping me reset the adaptations. I originally forgot to do this but did the next day and definitely felt the change in the top end after doing this (previous to resetting the adaptations I only noticed a low end change).

Not 100% on what will be next, I saw some ghost codes for the VANOS solenoids im going to look into, but until then here is my current update pic

Update
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops

Last edited by 519.E82; 04-28-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 1