View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 03:41 AM   #27
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

My V8 M3 Cowl Retrofit, having previously done the burgermotorsports cowl delete on my previous n54, I really wanted to do this the right way, on the 1M. It took me forever and a day to source all the parts required and it really was alot of work to accomplish this.

Please mind the dirt in some of the pictures, i assure you, i cleaned everything up when i was i done with this "Test Fit" as I am still awaiting the correct fasteners from the Dealer.

Most people cut the wires off and extend the wires to the pollen sensor, i tried a different approach by removing the insulation on the existing harness and was able to free up alot more slack on the pollen filter and brake fluid sensor wiring. I first recovered it back in insulation tape and then recovered the harness back in an OEM'ish like cloth material tape to make it look factory.

Another issue that I had was that the washer nozzles , I purchased a set of Mini nozzles only to discover that the connectors no longer fitted into the existing T-piece, so using a rubber "glove" from a terminal kit( not documented here) i was able to get the two different sizes to mate up to one another.

Another known issue is that the Bonnet sensor no longer touches the bonnet . I resolved this with the most unconventional method, using the silcone cap from a water squeeze bottle and an interior plastic grommet, coated in a lick of black paint.

Last but not least, was to install the cable harness tray which fought me for a very long time to get the wires to fit but in the end, i think it looks terrific and this is how the car shouldve come from the factory.
Hope you guys enjoy the pics and are inspired to do the same on your very own masterpieces 🙂
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00