08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #307
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
probably regret the vert over coupe in lack of handling and extra weight more than anything.
It's hard to believe that my response to this started everything.

I stand by the response. A 135 vert and a 335 coupe are the same weight - so the comment was indeed uninformed and pointless.

But I just got home from a nice weekend trip with my gf. And I came back to see that this thread is still going...

Yeesh - just all of you put a sock in it please. It's all as pointless as the comment that started it. I'm always up for a spirited debate, but this is just a bunch if people talking past eachother now.

I think we've all said what we were going to say.

So in closing - we like our verts, we bought them because we think they're better than coupes because of intangible attributes and not numbers that don't matter in daily driving.

And whatever you say won't change the fact that I have 76 thousand very happy miles in my car. Despite that it may be slightly slower than a coupe.

And that's the problem with everyone that's been commenting in this thread (including me)

You all have to say or defend that the vert is "worse" than the coupe.

Why can we all agree on the fact that a 135 vert is a very quick and fun car to drive, but the coupe is that much quicker (tho not as much fun for everybody)

Although i an still waiting for obiwan and stigilwiggly to get me hard numbers to support all of their rigidity claims

Appreciate 0