Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Good progress.

I had to deal with this. This place on the bottom of the doors is the worst on the car if you don't have a small pad, which I didn't so had to bail after I got rid of 70% of them.

I'll have to do a paint correction next year to freshen it up a bit again. There are some "love marks" here and there.
Haven't gotten down there just yet, still working on the whole top surface. It's a very slow process when you only have an hour here and there to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Excellent work so far! How are you liking that DA orbital buffer?

I'm about to embark on the journey of figuring this all out for myself as well. I've been weighing out the costs of just hiring someone to clay/polish/wax versus purchasing the supplies and doing it myself, but I think the DIY method and gaining the knowledge to do it again in the future is the route I'll be taking.
Thanks man, I'm really happy with the Torqx DA so far. It's very easy to use and seems very well built. Since it's a DA with a safety built in it's virtually impossible to F-up your paint too which is great for me.

I had the same mental debate of whether to pay someone to do this or just get the stuff and do it myself. Seeing as how I got the whole kit for $76 I am very happy with my decision. However it takes a TON of time and effort, so make sure you're willing to really work at it before you invest in the equipment.

Also, make sure to manage your expectations, I'm learning to deal with the fact that even after all my hard work there are still many scratches I can't (and shouldn't) reach. It's a painful realization to have