07-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #12
b3turbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 FBO 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiiiiiitch View Post
I have a 2010 n54 135i and was looking at modifying my exhaust, the exhaust shop I went to suggested that before the rear muffler I splice in another pipe which would bypass the muffler and reconnect to the left tip of the exhaust just before the flapper valve. He also suggested I use the flapper valve that is already on the stock exhaust (either leave it where it is or move it to the new pipe) and find a way to control it so that I could choose to either make the flapper valve operate as it did stock and open above a certain rpm, and at the flick of a switch have the valve stay open so that the exhaust will come out of the new pipe that bypasses the muffler and essentially becomes a muffler delete. I was wondering is there something I can buy that can control the flapper valve or if I could buy an electric valve that controls the vacuum and sits along the vacuum tube and have this wired up to a button inside the car such as next to the headlights or the pdc so that it looks stock. Would also like to know if this is even possible and how I would go about doing this?
Thanks in advance
Out of curiosity did you make a custom valvetronic exhaust?
If yes please share your setup
Appreciate 0