View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
Southlake128i
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
26k miles - good find and welcome!

First and foremost is make sure all the maintenance items are good. The N52 engine and the auto transmission are quite reliable if maintained and pretty cheap to maintain if you can do you own work. (if you've had BMW's before and I'm telling you how to suck eggs, my apologies)

There is a pretty big selection of suspension upgrades you can make to the car. First things you need to decide are (a) how much of a ride height drop you want, (b) how important is comfort and (c) your desired $ spend.

I've had my car for just over 4 years and have done 2 complete suspension changeouts and some other related improvements. I've got it where I like it finally.

I've not done any engine upgrades but the 3 stage intake + a tune is a good one that I'll get to some day. Most people pick up a used manifold and often buy new DISA valves for reliability. I'd bet you'd void some wtty work if you did the 3 stage intake, but, that is just a guess.

Also, this forum and the E90 forum are great sources of information.
(a.) I would prefer to not lower the ride height very much

(b.) I use it as a daily driver and for some travel over 3.5hr so comfort is important

(c.) ideally if I could keep it under $1500 that would be great
Appreciate 0