View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #11
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlake128i View Post
Is there any real benefit from adding sway bars or a strut tower brace? They seem to be relatively inexpensive fixes. I will look into those. This is my first BMW, I recently sold my 2008 911.
Haven't done a strut tower brace, but most see marginal benefit. Sway bars - yes. Front is easy to swap and upgrade, If you have non-sport suspension you don't have a rear bar so I'd put that on the list. You can get a used rear sway for cheap or an M3 bar for not so cheap or an aftermarket kit like Eibach or H&R. There is a good bit of recent discussion on here and E90 Post on balancing out the front and rear arb's and the impact on understeer and oversteer.

I went with a small upgrade over the stock E82 rear bar and then put a 135i bar on the front. Not much cost except the rear install will be high labor cost if you aren't doing it yourself.

You'll miss the 911 but (and take this with a pinch of salt) two friends who have 997's drove my car and were fairly impressed. One was into tracking his car pretty seriously. I'm not trying to even hint that the limits on the E82 are near the 911's.