09-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #11
MattF407
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
How's the rear seat delete affect noise in the cabin? Contemplating doing it myself, because race car.
After driving about 6-8 times since the delete, I would say that road noise definitely increases (~10-15%) with a minor increase in exhaust noise (~5%). Since I don't have a better way to quantify, I would say it is quite tolerable, though I am someone who does not mind road noise. Since the rear seat panels are actually quite thick and heavy, I believe the best way to simulate in would be driving with rear seats down for a while to see if you can tolerate it. You could even go one step further and pop out the rear seat bottom (its just 4 clips and a little pry and lift) in addition to riding with rear seats down. IF you go that route make sure to protect your rear seats with some towels from the clips they will press into your seats and potentially leave irreparable markings.

In the end, if it becomes too much reinstall is still an option for you if you do not like it. Not every mod is for everyone.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions along the way if you decide to move forward.
Appreciate 0