View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #123
amsnow440
Olmec's Temple Guard
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT, 05 Legacy GT

Just completed this install (Whiteline bushings) on Saturday. I would not consider this to be a difficult job, as long as you are careful and pay attention to what you are doing while dropping the sub-frame. The actual pulling/install process isn't difficult, just time consuming.

I ended up making my own bushing puller from some 3-3/4" ID pipe for the rear, and 3-1/4" ID pipe for the front along with a thin piece of large OD aluminum round bar with a shoulder cut into it to fit into the ID the pipe so the threaded rod remains centered axially (I have access to a lathe at work). It only took about 10 minutes (and some elbow grease) to actually pull each bushing out once I got access to it.

I can't really comment on the performance yet as the weather here in NY has been ridiculous over the past few days. However I did drive it on Sunday for a bit and the the car just feels very solid all around, like it's actually once piece instead of two. And even when taking turns at normal speeds the whole suspension just seems to be working better.

I also just ditched the RFTs for some PSS, so they should compliment each other nicely once the weather gets better!

Last edited by amsnow440; 04-01-2014 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0