View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 03:23 AM   #103
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I know you were not talking about failures or excuses. But Le mans 24 hours is just one race and not an entire season. That was my point.

The M3 GTRs trashing the Corvette GTR's for the entire season of battle is much more of an accomplishment then Corvette doing that in one single race. Because in entire season only the best comes to the top. Both manufacturers have tires they prefer and the driver setup that they like. They adjust their cars race to race and compete race after race no holding back. To me that is much more truer test of who is better.

Also, yes I was the first to mention ALMS and made my point with it. I just wanted to point out to you that M3's as in your words are "trashing" Chevys, Fords, and Porsches else where in other racing series. That is all despite the restrictions to even the competition.

By the way forget to mention that in Rolex series. The M3 GT car was wining the races until the Rolex guys chopped it balls off in favor of evening the competition. The M3 there is using a V8 that has been detuned even worse then the M3's in continental series. They detuned the high revving V8 down to 6800 rpm.....lol.... to give the domestic and Porsche cars a chance. Since then the M3 GT in rolex has been struggling like crazy.

Bottom line is M3's in various different racing series are doing excellent until they were restricted in one way or another to even the competition. Right now even the Z4 GTR's are doing excellent. Still sad that in yesterdays ALMS race the stupid corvette driver took out the race winning M3 GTR with a bozo inside move with no chance. Thus, causing BMW the 1st podium finish with 40 minutes to go in race. Otherwise there would be another 1st and 3rd finish by M3 GTR's in ALMS.

As far as Boss 302 vs M3 tire situation goes. I agree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
I wasn't talking about failures or excuses... as I said, Vette trashed the competition from Ferrari, BMW Motorsport (factory effort with two cars) and Porsche in the Le Mans 24h race both in GTE Pro and GTE Am categories (the latter doesn't include the M3).

You were the first to mention it...

This is the bottom line... comparing the Mustang Boss 302 with race-compound tires , allegadly 'built to lap Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca faster than a BMW M3', to a M3 in street tires, let alone the 1M, Cayman R or Evora S, isn't at the very least honest.

I say, it doesn't make any sense!
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 09-05-2011 at 03:38 AM..
Appreciate 0