asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtp View Post
Hi All,

Started to search but with so many threads I thought it would be more efficient to ask the fitment experts on forum.

For the past couple summers I have been running tire sizes from the stock set up. Unfortunately I have had to replace a couple tires from road hazards and haven't had the chance to replace the entire set but I am now. Here is the current setup.

Front 18x8 215/40
Rear 18x9.5 245/35

I want a more squared off, meaty look without adding height. The rears are far too stretched for my liking and the fronts could possibly have a new size too. What are your recommendations for common tire sizes? 225/40 and 255/35? Car is not lowered and rims are pretty flush to fender.

Thanks,
Patrick
Note that different tires can have different fitments even if their size is the same - for example the Michelin PSS were a "square shoulder" tire so a 245 section looked like a 255 section from some other brands.

225/40/18 and 255/35/18 in the rear are much more readily available sizes and will fit your rims with no issue. Only thing to keep in mind is if your suspension is old and your shocks are worn you *may* have some rubbing given the tires are wider than what you have now and a teeny bit taller.

You have not listed your wheel offsets so it's hard to say/judge.
Appreciate 0