View Single Post
      05-23-2022, 08:07 PM   #102
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help. My E88 2008 forgets the time and trip mileage all the time and the guys at Autozone tested the battery and said its fine. Also, the battery has the spot on top and it's black so it looks ok. I read somewhere that disconnecting the blue IBS cable from the battery cover might help and sure enough the car has stopped forgetting the time and trip miles. Question is.....what do I do now. Is it the IBS that's toast or is it possible that the battery that's in the car wasn't coded properly or even at all ? How can I tell ? I just downloaded INPA but haven't tried connecting it yet - a little nervous if I'm honest. I also have protools on my phone but only the coding license, not the diagnostics license. So, does anyone think it's likely that if I code the battery as if its a new one and reconnect the IBS my issues will be resolved or is it more likely that I have to replace the IBS and if I do how much more will I need to do as far as coding etc is concerned. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.