10-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
DougiesGoinDeep
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound007 View Post
Any updates on this?

I actually have the same issue, on a 2010 135, with a Dinan S2 tune as well. My valve cover was replaced about four months ago because a crack was found causing a massive oil leak. Since then, my car began misfiring about a month ago in which prompted me to get a walnut blasting done at a reliable tuning shop nearby. After the blasting, I still had the misfire and being long over due, I changed the spark plugs.

I noticed that spark plugs 1 and 2 ( starting at front bumper) were covered in oil; the other 4 were dry. Took the car out for a drive after putting everything back together and it felt like the power came back ......but I can faintly feel it start to degrade/stutter the more I drive it.

Codes: 29CD, 29CF, 29CC, 29D0, 29D1, and 29D9

I'll be taking it back to the dealership to check the valve cover for a leak and hopefully get it covered under warranty, if thats the issue. I'll provide any updates when i have them, but can anyone else provide some more insight or suggestions?
Your circumstances sound different. When I replaced my coils, spark plugs, and valve cover the misfires did not go away. The dealer replaced the injectors (95% free of charge) and that finally resolved the issues.
Appreciate 0