View Single Post
      09-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #10
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
Unless the CBS calculation has been thrown off due to your track usage. I've noticed that on some cars that have more frequent pad changes (eg. X5's that go through a set of front pads every 25,000-30,000km), when you reset it it also lowers the predicted remaining life. Whereas an equivalent vehicle that is driven more gently and spends a lot of time off the brakes (eg. highways) will usually get the maximum estimation. Having said that, the prediction is not always accurate and if you change the way you use the vehicle then the system tends to be even more inaccurate. There are a lot of factors which go into pad wear estimation. Brake pressure and braking duration are two examples.
We frequently get cars which come in with 'due' status on the brakes but they actually have heaps of pad material left. It's is very annoying and a waste of customer time and workshop labour. The dealer can 'recalibrate' the prediction by entering in the measured pad amount. Not sure about your market but we've been told not to do these corrections and instead let the CBS system sort itself out, at great nuisance to the customer.

When did you last update the software in your car? A revised algorithm was released sometime in the last two years from memory. Have you also tried resetting the CBS for brakes after every track day?
So I am not sure what CBS stands for, but I am pretty sure that is what is thrown off. SO far the solution above has finally worked....for now.
Appreciate 0