spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontside0815 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Yeah I went with standard sized rear linear swifts and the stock rear XTAs adjusters were off by a bit.

I've driven them once now, definitely helped instill more confidence on long sweepers and under acceleration... I'm running a stiffer Dinan rear sway which might need to be swapped out for the stocker. Also, it took me a while to get the dampeners adjusted to the new springs, car felt really "floaty" through Riverside (Buttonwillow) but once I stiffened them up I was able to gain a few mph on entry. Still have a lot of learning to do!

But you could run a spring which fits the Standard XTA adjusters, right?

Sounds good, i think i will try them also. Feel like my ST XTA could be a Little harder.

I have stock sway bars, wanted to Change them along with an clutch type diff in the winter. You lost grip installing the harder springs or why you think the stock bar would be better?

Thanks for your answer :-)
Yes you can buy springs that fit the stock XTA adjusters. I would 100% install stiffer rear springs, the front felt way too stiff (vs the rear) with the stock XTA springs. I think a rear toe adjustment is in line as the rear felt a bit twitchy over burms & through some turns.

Maybe the rear is oversprung now? The nice thing about the 9in swifts is you don't need to remove the suspension to swap them so I might buy another rate and play around with spring rates next month.

I'm kinda shocked that these XTAs aren't more popular, with linear springs they're a hell of a lot better than stock V3s.

I'll likely end up with MCS or KW CS in the future but these are really solid for now.