Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
While we're drifting off topic...

I came late to the party, but I benefited from hindsight. I picked up my '09 128i last month to replace the BB6 Prelude I've had for almost 22 years. I plan to keep this car about that long also. I have an '09 Bullitt Mustang that I'll probably keep 'till I'm dead. I bought them used with the hindsight to see that both were special. While not faultless, the Bullitt is one of the last analog muscle cars. I got the 128i because the N52 is the last good N/A engine we're likely to see from BMW and it's just plain fun to drive.

While looking at new cars, almost nothing interested me. I was basically left with the BRZ, STI, or Civic Type R, all of which are considerably more than what I paid for my 128i. I have zero interest in the new 1 series. Why pay for a marque that no longer adheres to the recipe that made it special? I'm sure it will be reasonably quick, but completely soulless. The E82 was the last of its kind. It's quirky, it's plucky, and I wouldn't trade it for nearly any other car. 20 years from now, people will be talking about the E82 like they do the E30 now.
Since we're drifting a little and you brought up your Mustang...

I had an '06 Mustang GT 5MT. Similar to your '09 Bullitt. Mine was supercharged and made 475 hp. Loved that car. Always liked Mustangs. The original pony car. (hooked on my 1er, though)

Here's a review of the new 2019 Mustang Bullitt. For anybody interested (nice car imo):

Edit: modern car crap rears it's ugly head though with some car sounds pumped in through the speakers, and active rev matching on the 6-speed manual. In a Mustang? lol
Attached Images

Last edited by Esteban; 08-08-2018 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0