lowbudgethero
Captain
Rep
Drives: '98 Z3M (gone), '09 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls View Post
I ran this last winter season. I really hated it, but I guess it was doing something? As it turns out, it didn't really snow all that much, and even in the snow I still had to work with the throttle to get moving from a sign/light. Haven't really decided if I'm going to run this again this winter (I still have the tires/rims from last year stored) you just give up so much on a daily basis if it's not snowing a lot. The dry performance is horrible on snow tires, absolutely cannot handle torque or lateral G forces at all. Self-control mode engaged. I really think that driving on snow with summer tires can't be too much different than with snow tires. I'm probably wrong about that, but even with brand new snow tires on, it still felt very much like driving on snow. I never really got the feeling of "oh, THIS is why I sacrifice dry performance/feel for 4 months of the year!"

I was on absolutely stock suspension last winter, save for the tires, and by the time this coming winter rolls around, I will be on M rear bushings and M F/R control arms, Koni Yellow shocks, and Swift R springs, and I will have a better alignment as well. Any idea if the snow tires will function better on the new suspension than the old? Driving last season was absolutely painful with the snow/steel combination. Looked terrible too.
Blizzaks are pretty awful on my car as well, I have dunlop wintersports 3D on my saab and they are as good as an all season tire on pavment, but much better in snow imo.

I don't think I'll use a blizzaks on the bmw ever again
Appreciate 0