02-28-2016, 01:49 AM   #30
gmartan
GB
Canary Islands
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135pls View Post
The dry performance is horrible on snow tires, absolutely cannot handle torque or lateral G forces at all. Self-control mode engaged. I really think that driving on snow with summer tires can't be too much different than with snow tires. Driving last season was absolutely painful with the snow/steel combination. Looked terrible too.
I run MPSS in the summer and really wanted a great handling winter tire. I ruled out the Blizzaks and any other tire that had separated blocks on the outside edge because tires like that always slid sideways on dry pavement when pushed. That pretty much left me with the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3. Running a square set of 225/40-18 on Bremmerkraft BR9 wheels leaves me amazed each winter. I hardly miss the MPSS because this tire has fantastic grip like a great summer tire but in the cold and the rain. They may not be great in deep snow but they did get me started uphill on ice from a full stop. They are also quiet and have a plush ride. I can't recommend these highly enough as a winter performance tire.
Appreciate 0