View Single Post
      01-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #8
BavarianN54
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffster View Post
Thank you all for your great responses so far. The Cobb turned up today, and I have to say that yes, I was pleasanty suprised with the power increase. I jumped straight to Stg1 agressive, and it certainly pulled a shed load harder and for longer than stock. In fact i was suprise just how quick it got from 0-60. Reminds me of some very heavily modded cars in my past, and all with just a flash. I was very suprised.

I think I might take a more step by step approach now so I can understand and get to experience the difference. Still vaccilating on what to do with the exhaust, I definately want to keep cats, can't stand the smell of a car with no cats, and i'd like to let the motor breath, but don't want anything too loud.

And maybe I just changed my priority to a bigger set of stoppers and some suspension tunes first to handle the power increase. Must be time to go visit the suspension forum!

Cheers
Unless you plans include serious tracking of the car( multiple hard laps) the stock Brembos are more than sufficient. For very hard street use and some tracking all you would need is, new pads which handle more heat that OE, high temp fluid like Motul 660, and a set of titanium backing plates.
As far as suspension, a set of M3 control arms and a sway bar will get you headed in the right direction without spending a boatload of cash.
Appreciate 0