MatthewDFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '02 X5

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapiron7 View Post
Any thing to check being that it's used?
My 2-cents...

My working assumption is that the car is a Certified Pre-Owned by your dealership. This carries substantial weight because the service dept. holds a pre-owned vehicle to a higher standard (and meticulous inspections) before certifiying it.

If it is Certified, this might keep them from coming down much on the price, but you are assured of getting a well-inspected vehicle that the dealer (and, indirectly, BMW) will be standing behind.

Also, I would by-pass the sales staff for a moment and go straight to the service dept, where you should request a copy of the car's service history. In particular, try to establish if the previous owner (or Dad) brought the car in for it's recommended check up after the new car break-in period (recommended after first 1200 - 1500 miles). If this was done, it would be a major thumbs-up in evaluating the care the car received by the kid.

Assuming the vehicle has the original tires on it, ask if the previous owner purchased the run-flat tire warranty; if so, some coverage might be grandfathered in to you. While you are at it, eyeball the tires and look for signs of excessive wear or "curb-scrapes" on the tires and rims.

Lastly, if you have not already done so, you might also consult the Dealer Reviews & Ratings forum, and pour over all mentions of BMW of Austin. This could provide some good insight on your dealership through the eyes of other customers.

Sorry about the length of this post. To paraphrase Mark Twain, "It would've been shorter but I didn't have the time."

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
===============
Our wee twin turbos may be smallish, but they doth mashie yon backside deeply seatwise.
===============

Appreciate 0