Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Just to clarify, NCSExpert can't register the battery. NCSExpert/Dummy are just used to make the coding changes to the NFRM/CAS modules.

You need to use Tool32 or ISTA to register a new battery when NCSExpert is used to manually do the coding (this is outlined in "option 3").

I'll update "option 4" to point people back to "option 3" for how to do the registering.

I know someone who paid $100 for and "official" Bluetooth adapter and it wouldn't even connect to his car LOL. My $10 adapter worked fine.
Thanks for the clarification. I actually have Toolset32, I've just never used it before (didn't even really know what it did).

Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty familiar with coding with NCSExpert, but I do it infrequently enough that it helps to have a go-by like yours. I went ahead and updated the VO, exited the program, then went back in to verify that it took. It did.

Next, I read the CAS trace file, modified the stock 80ah value to 90ah_agm for my new battery, and rewrote the module with the .man file. Exited the program, went back in, re-read a trace file, and checked for the change I made. There it was.

Then I went to process the car, the job got started, got theough one module ("Kombi") and then spit out a "Coding Faulty" error on the next module ("MULF2"). Tried a few times, couldn't get it to work.

I then went into Toolset32, found the battery registration job. I didn't see a "Run Job" button anywhere, but I double-clicked the job and almost immediately got a pop-up window reflecting job results "okay."

So at this point, I've got the VO updated, the CAS module updated, and the battery registered. Am I good to go? Or do I need to find some way to get the "Process Car" thing to work?