United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
In any case, if you guys are members of the 1M BMW Owners Society.....you will know that Syed Hoda will be collaborating with BMW to write a book about the 1M
I'm not sure if he is on this forum or not. However, maybe he will be able to shed some light on the subject as he research's information on the book???
Can't seem to share the link...but, here is a pic of his post announcing the book....
You refer to former forum fellow IEDEI.

Back in the early 1M days (2010-2011) forum fellows such as for example Dackelone, eeghie, ozinaldo, M3 Adjuster, Dee Pee, Aussie_in_London, EINSER M, ayao, myself and many other forum fellows tried to gather loads of information, discovering all things 1M. Alike early settlers of 'La Santa ///Maria' discovering new land overseas, trying to unearth all sorts of 1M facts, experiences and stories. Virtually all of that can still be retrieved in the 1M section archives and stickies.

IEDEI joined in 2013 (USA), became very active in the 1M section and wanted to know everything about the 1M. He bought a VO 1M in 2014 (see here) and enjoyed going through, as well as adding input to, the 1M 'library vaults' over here. We had mutual respect and interesting discussions.

So, yes, he is definitely very knowledgeable and passionate about the 1M. And I do recall that he expressed the idea to write a book about the 1M someday.

Unfortunately, in 2014 he got temporary banned by the powers that be (see for example here). Main reason, AFAIK: in his comments he sometimes got very defensive about the 1M, a staunch 1M defender who sometimes pushed the envelope with 'spicy' comments about other BMW models.

And later he got another temporary ban. Late January 2016 I posted the following supportive post (which was deleted, together with the complete thread):
Quote:
Damn, I sincerely think that IEDEI should not be banned.
Yes, he truly adores his 1M and the M2 clearly did not win him over yet. But he's a good fellow and he minds his language.
I'll try to get him back on board.
A month later the ban was apparently lifted (likely it was just a ban with automatic reactivation after a preset 'cool down' time period) (deleted post):
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I heard back from him. Sounds like a hypersensitive reaction...please email moderators and tell them how he is a great contributor to this forum.
I think Artemis has contacted them when we first noticed he got banned. I was in that thread. I, and others, have commented on the ban and our comments were deleted shortly after.
As soon as I noticed the ban [of IEDEI] I immediately inquired and asked whether the ban could be lifted. To no avail. I'm no moderator.
To use pirate terms: no walking the plank (fatal) but marooned (back in the pirates days euphemistically called "to be made governor of an island") for some time.
So yes, he will be back later this year. Hopefully he still wants to join again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
hello!!
Aha, back from 'Exile on ///M street'.
Good to have you back on board. Let's kick off the return with this article:
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/bm...ther-m-models/
But subsequently he quickly got banned again, this time for an indefinite period of time (see for example here).

IEDEI, should you ever come across this comment: greetings from an old friend of the early 1M days. I hope you're doing well and that you still love to bits your cherished VO 1M. Good luck with your 1M book project !
i miss these forums sometimes
Artemis
Appreciate 4
Artemis29492.50
ayao643.00
Dackelone10588.50
///BYU268.50