07-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Dackelone, that's my link and I'm in the UK, hence why I'd go with a LL-04 if that's what we're supposed to be using with the fuels over here. What's the factory fill, is it LL-01 or LL-04?
Ok ND40oz,

You got me curious so I took some pics today at my German grocery store where they sell alot of oils, including that Mobil-1 ESP. Since you are in the UK, yes an oil with a "BMW LL-4" rating is what you want. Any oil with that rating should be ok. I would adhere to BMW rec's on engine oil. Here is what I found out today. yes, "Mobil-1's ESP Formula 5w30" (only sold in europe!) carries an LL-4 rating.

The Mobil-1 ESP oil is on the top shelf next to the "white Mobil-1 Multi-Grade" bottle. The ESP sells for 22.95 euros - that white tag is partially blocking the bottle.

Mobil-1 ESP bottle up close... 22.95 euros...

For people in the USA this is the only Mobil-1 oil that meets BMW's LL-1 rating: Mobil-1 0w40 euro blend (in the black label).

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_1_0W-40.aspx

Thanks to Takrdown for posting this link.

For me... I will only be using this German Castrol oil Castrol Edge RS 0w40 BMW LL-4.... cost is 17.99 euros. (its the oil with the yellow dot on it!)

Even though the German castrol oil costs me more than TWICE the price of Mobil-1 sold on base. I feel the G.C. is well worth it. My engine sounds so much better on cold starts and the oil temps are about one to two needle widths lowoer - when at operating temps.

Good Luck,
Dackelone

Last edited by Dackelone; 07-28-2010 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0