02-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
IMO there is no sense in upgrading the size of the tires if you are going to run something like a dw or v12.

A better quality tire like a re11 or ad08 or rs3 in a smaller size would perform much better in all aspects.

Plus, the dw / v12 already have softer sidewalls than ps2 and especially compared to the re11 style tires. BMW wheels run a little stretch with a 265 on a 10 inch wheel and a 245 on a 9 inch. The stretch helps stiffen the sidewall to aid in eliminating body roll and increasing cornering stability and grip. Going to a softer tire with less stretch will result in substantially deteriorated steering feel and cornering abilities.

My car is cobb stage 1+ and moving from pss to re11 in stock sizes was just what the dr ordered. Performance wise, my car does not need wider tires.

Great grip and traction, and tons of steering feel and stability on the track and street. I couldn't beleice the difference on the track.
So you had first hand experience with stock size PS2, PSS and RE11 all on your 1M?

If so, what would be your choice for street/highway/back road driving and no track or competition, and why?

Thanks.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0