02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
1) the re11 is much more square and wider than the pss on the same wheel. It's about .75 inches difference.

2) the pss is heavier, but that is because it has a stiffer more robust sidewall and construction. All extreme performance tires with similar characteristics are heavier than softer tires like pss. The trade off is easily worth it. You won't notice the heavier weight, but you will notice the cornering and grip

3) the re11 are like 100 more dollars than pss, negligible IMO

4) the tread wear is similar, not too different . Can't compare tread wear ratings from different manufacturers

5) the re11 feel better and more stable. They also handle better and grip like a boss.

It's up to you, really. But if you really want to add grip, this is the way to go. I'm glad I did and wont go back to pss
Thanks for your reply. I assume at no: 2 you wanted to say PSS is "lighter" but you don't notice it etc.

I understand that RE-11 is probably the grippier tire. My only concern is I thought that PSS is already very very grippy for street use, especially for stock power level cars. So, maybe not very meaningful for me to switch to RE-11 unless I start tracking or move to somewhere where road and weather conditions would benefit from even more grip. In my situation here in Santiago, Chile, with year round good and dry weather and quite qood road conditions (other than down town) I don't want to transform the 1M to a TT RS, it can continue sliding a bit
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0