View Single Post
      06-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #37
Dat1seriesdoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 10' 135i AW fbo mhd2+ - rip

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
In the process of doing this now.. got EVERYTHING off pretty easily except for that last "quick" disconnect (should be quick-reconnect !) on the front side of the thermostat.. the one that has the Y-fitting then gos to id say 1/2" hose and then to the tstat ... ive got the clip completely off the fitting, but its stuck as hell spent almost an hour and a half yesterday fighting it.. i think im going to drop my fmic (its a 7") and see if i cant get in there with a screw driver.. the bigger elbow quick disconnect on the front needed some flat head therapy to come loose, im suspecting that will be the only way i can get this smaller line too.. also, if you dont have silicone based lubricant laying around for the re-install, you can use a TINY dab of clean motor oil, literally a drop on your finger and swipe around the hose's inner and it'll help them slide back together again.. same with the quick disconnects, but swipe around the o-ring since thats the only part that sticks.. man this tstat is a pain in the arse !

def a diy for anyone not afraid to take your time and learn something new, but those quick disconnect fittings are a serious pain to get apart. be warned.. also, def need the E12 socket and the swivel adapter to get that upper pump bolt.. and pay attention to where he go's into the cavity to make that angle, its about the only place that will work to get locked down and keep it in place as you turn it.. the bolts on the pump are not tight though, id say that they maybe had 15ft lbs tq on them max, all came out very easily once on them.

good luck all ! dig in and learn something new - and save yourself about 1000.00 said and done !
Appreciate 0