Killswitch
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Congrats on the tune Gray67 and enjoy every single bit of it!

I guess this would be a good time to do a small follow up review. I'll try to keep it short and simple. The tune still does it job which for me is lighten up that horrid throttle lag that for the most part plagues BMW cars equipped with the automatic transmission. Take a quick read http://www.insideline.com/bmw/5-seri...i-wrap-up.html

Again, Does it completely remove the throttle lag? For the most part it does and enough to make driving the city street of Houston livable. Yet this does not fall on the shoulders of AA but on BMW for not making a more drivable transmission out of the factory. I find my self driving in DS mode more - probably 40% of the time now. As far as gas consumption, I never recorded the stock consumption before the tune. To date with mix driving between stop and go traffic on the freeway and inner street signs and lights I get ~24 - 24.6 mpg. And that's with some considerable aggressive driving lately. I get 26 - 28 if I stay off the throttle and do some conscious fuel saving driving. The most I ever had my car read off the car data is 35 mpg but that is with some serious hyper-mileageing for about 10 miles straight (i read an article about it so i decide to give it a try).
As with Gray67, myself and other 1ers with the auto trans - why the throttle lag? If anyone could explain this or anyone who work for BMW could explain this...why(other than the transmission is ) ?

Last edited by Killswitch; 12-22-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0