Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman
My mechanic (Solo Motorsports in Norcross, GA near Atlanta) worked this out for me today. Didn't sound like it quite went like this thread proposed but once he got the proper combination of parts it worked including still having an E-brake.

So now my 45 offset rear wheels will be like 55 offsets. It really would have made more sense to have done this before I rolled and trimmed the heck outta my fenders, went to a lightweight battery, removed my rear seat, ran max factory camber, etc.

I'll still keep all those mods except I'll go back to around 1.5deg rear camber. I need new tires, my current 255 PSS's were very difficult to get to somewhat fit. Now I'll just have to check everything out very closely and decide whether to risk going up to 265s, probably not.
Congrats on the successful mod. What rear rotor did you use?
Bmw e91/e87 perf or F10?

If you used f10 maybe that's why you had some minor issues

265 has been run before, so I hope you can too. Usually requires camber, the right wheels and/or fender roll. Can I ask about your wheels, what specs they are, maybe the inner part now is close to the shock body

E brake applies to 128i's
With f10 rotors the 135 needs an adjustment of brake shoe spread distance using the usual brake adjustment knob

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 04-09-2015 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0