Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocaholic View Post
Hi Guys,

I´ve been to the french alps last year by bike and its awesome! We´ve been riding from Lousanne via the Route des grandes alpes to Nice.
I can recommend this trip to everyone. Unfortunately I´ve done this trip only by bike, not by car, but I´m sure that this wouldn´t be less awesome.

While planning the date for our trip we forgot to consider the Tour de France, so it was just luck that we didn´t got in conflict with that. E.g. we took the col d'izoard 2 days before the Tour de France took place there.
But on the whole trip I didn´t saw any police car, so we dont had any problems with them although our bikes have been as loud as your 1Ms might probably be.

This summer we will do the same trip again but we´ll take the ferry to corsice in nice and extend our trip by corsice and sardegna, and visit the dolimites on the way back to germany.

If you want to I can show you some pictures of our route des grandes alpes trip. I´m doing some video editing with the gopro videos i´ve taken there, as soon it is finished I can also show you, that might be more interesting.

In June this summer me and some friends also with 1 series BMWs will take a trip to the italian alps, it would be funny to meet some of you there

The route we will take on 13th and 14th of June will be this one:

http://motoplaner.de/#v4&47.56821,10...597,1,0,0&&0,0

We will take about 5 to 6 1series and take a hotel near Bolzano.

While planning this route, I´ve got some inspiration from your posts here, thanks for them and the pictures
^^Thanks for the advice!

I'm really thinking we should visit the French Alps this year. I've never been. But last month I was in Annecy, France and really liked that area of France. It felt more Italian-like to me.

IF you have any hotels you could recommend that would be great. I am thinking about the Fourth of July weekend for our time frame. Also I was thinking of only France and the upper left corner of Italy to drive. We would drive thru teh Western corner of the Black Forrest on our way to the French Alps.

Dackel
Appreciate 0