rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
4542 is quite a lot for NA numbers, I still haven't seen any on the streets, only couple at my dealers. Its ashame this are bought and leave in the garage to collect dust. There is one Gt3 that came in same time as mine and now listed as use with only 190 miles at the dealer
https://www.porscheofftmyers.net/use...AC2A95JS176214
for some people cars are just a social status item...they park them in the garage and brag to their friends about them, or post photos on instagram/facebook, or they want to feel they own something special.

the people actually into cars and driving----DRIVE their cars a lot and buy them for their own inner enjoyment.

Very few Porsche buyers are actually in that 2nd category, unfortunately....it's become the ultimate car for posers, IMO.
Its not necessarily posers. Many of those low mileage cars are owned by true enthusiasts but they have many cars. I drive my 911 less than I thought because there are others in the rotation.

As to dealer markups, I don't get the outrage. Capitalism. Why shouldn't the dealer sell for more if they can. If they don't, the next guy will. Don't like it, move along. For my 1M I didn't see it worth paying over msrp and I had time to call around for msrp allocation and wait. For my truck, I was in a hurry so a few over for in stock optioned how I wanted it didn't matter much to me.
Appreciate 0